+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chrome + Google Search

Default Chrome + Google Search

So when I do a google search while in chrome, it gives me the instant results, that's fine. But instead of using the mouse wheel to scroll down, I often use the up and down buttons next to the keypad. For some reason now, Google has added a feature that up and down when on that search page selects the next link in the list of searches. So I now have to press down 6 or 8 times before it goes down to the next link off the page, and it isn't smooth transition as it would normally be if nothing was selected.

Anybody know how to turn this off? If it's a Chrome issue, or if it's an iGoogle issue? No matter how I formulate the question in the search bar, it comes up with something else.
    Highest Positions in HWBot Enthusiast (air/water) League: #13 (world), #1 (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by ScunnyUK View Post
    I can get it to supply vcore and I even managed to post and get into bios ....at which point I noticed the cpu temp and realized I didnt bother with a cooler on it

Bench team-Hwbot-hardware junkie-Bench Team Ninja ScunnyUK's Avatar

I dont think its possible to turn off or edit hot keys in Chrome or any browser unfortunatly.
    Page Up / Down or Ctrl + Page Up / Down should let you scroll the full page though.

Sorted Turn Instant off.

I can get it to supply vcore and I even managed to post and get into bios ....at which point I noticed the cpu temp and realized I didnt bother with a cooler on it

Had firefox for over a year before Chrome was released. Its memory footprint is unbelievable - you just can't run Firefox normally on systems running win7 with under 2gb of memory. Chrome is faster than firefox, safer than firefox. With a six-week release schedule, bugs are sorted out quicker than firefox. There's no comparison.

I'm getting pretty hacked off with firefox, was laggy as hell this morning. Popped open task manager and... Firefox 125,000k wtf.!
    HWBot siggy thingy no workie..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed4Speed View Post
    Hope the new captains kick our asses and inspire us to get back into gear again, I volunteer to bend over first
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.
    נְפִילִים

Friend of the family ARandomOWL's Avatar

Mine is routinely @ 200,000K. Might be time to change
    Quote Originally Posted by K404 View Post
    Statistically, overclocking is 719% more fun than studying, even on a bad benching day.
    Quote Originally Posted by echelon101 View Post
    Putting 1.8v through a chip is like hitting someone with a baseball bat. Do it for a short time and the chip won't be hurt...do it for a long time and it will die.

Chrome is nice in the fact that each tab is it's own windows process. So if one f*cks up, you don't lose the whole lot. Or if you have one tab leaking memory, you can close it. It also tells you how much memory each plugin/extension is using, so you can enable/disable them as you need.

Never really liked chrome, changed from firefox a while back as I got fed up at it crashing, and just being a resource hog.
    Opera FTW

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, then put this in your sig

Quote Originally Posted by Dualist View Post
    I'm getting pretty hacked off with firefox, was laggy as hell this morning. Popped open task manager and... Firefox 125,000k wtf.!
    Word... I love firefox with all the addons etc but yesterday when I was typing that review annotating the pictures uploading etc, FF crashed and didn't save when I had nearly finished and I about threw my monitor out of the window.

Then I started using chrome instead

Quote Originally Posted by EvOcarlos View Post
    dont forget no amd rig is fully complete with out its rubber willy

I still use firefox, better the devil you know as they say, besides the addons etc alone make it worthwhile for me.
    Walking back home in the mud.

+ Reply to Thread