+ Reply to Thread

Thread: G.Skill help please.

Default G.Skill help please.

Hi Guys,
    Just bought this set from memoryc:

G.Skill F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD, run on MSI Z68A GD80, 2600K (stock speed), GTX 580 and W7 Ultimate. This set never run at its speed 2133 with whatever I set in BIOS from XMP to manual setting. Any idea what should I do? Could I RMA for another set?

Many thanks
    Thanh

If you set it at XMP, what does it say in CPUZ?
    Highest Positions in HWBot Enthusiast (air/water) League: #13 (world), #1 (UK)

Quote Originally Posted by ScunnyUK View Post
    I can get it to supply vcore and I even managed to post and get into bios ....at which point I noticed the cpu temp and realized I didnt bother with a cooler on it

HiVizMan

Thanh55 post a CPUz of your memory when using the XMP.

Whats your 'CPU I/O Voltage'.?

You need to up your memory controller voltage on the cpu to handle the extra memory speed.
    HWBot siggy thingy no workie..!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Greed4Speed View Post
    Hope the new captains kick our asses and inspire us to get back into gear again, I volunteer to bend over first
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
    If stuff ain't dieing, you aren't trying.
    נְפִילִים

HiVizMan

Click image for larger version

Name:	thann.png
Views:	10
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	332

All I did to get 2133MHz on my ram was go into the BIOS select default fail safe settings.
    ---> Memory
    ---> SPD
    ---> 2133
    F10 and Enter

Posted to OS took screen shot. There is really no need to change anything on your CPU.

What I do suggest is that you make sure you have the latest BIOS for your motherboard as some of the early GD80 BIOS (and all SB MB early BIOS had some issues with the 1:8 strap, the 2133 SPD setting.

My pc only boot with ram set "auto" only, whatever I tried its didn't boot at all. I got the board for a while so I kind of know its behave, the board have no problem to boot with those ram I got atm. About BIOS, I did flash to the latest BIOS.

HiVizMan

Hi Thanh

Have you run memtest86 yet? http://www.memtest86.com/download.html use the USB method it is easier.

If your board will not boot unless on AUTO then there is something wrong with your board and not the ram Or maybe I have not understood correctly.

You do you have other ram you can test with you say? And those sticks work normal with the motherboard?

Yes Dagmar, I got another set of Corsair 2133 9-10-9-24 @1.65v and its work just fine and I don't even have to change any voltage apart from set 1.65 for the ram.
    Last edited by Thanh55; 20-10-2011 at 02:39 PM.

HiVizMan

Ah I see thank you - please run memtest86 it does seem that your sticks are not compatible with the motherboard, or are defective.

Here is the RMA form is you do need it.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HiVizMan; 20-10-2011 at 03:00 PM.

Stock Air cooling

Sorry for the late response.

Try testing one module at a time with the basic memory settings to see if one performs differently than the other. If not, you can post some pictures and I can double check all the timings/settings are correct. Of course if one module does perform differently than the other, or the modules just won't work properly, you are more than free to send them in for RMA and try a new kit.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

HiVizMan

Welcome to the forum gskill tech a pleasure to have you with us.

Quote Originally Posted by gskill tech View Post
    Sorry for the late response.

Try testing one module at a time with the basic memory settings to see if one performs differently than the other. If not, you can post some pictures and I can double check all the timings/settings are correct. Of course if one module does perform differently than the other, or the modules just won't work properly, you are more than free to send them in for RMA and try a new kit.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    I have tried those before I was decide to post up but I have been contact with memoryc.com and they accepted my RMA. I did send its back on Monday to Ireland and finger cross. Many thanks for your help and I will feed back when I hear from memoryc again.

Stock Air cooling

They will definitely take care of you, top notch G.Skill distributor.

HiVizMan,

Thanks, glad to be on board. Feel free to contact me if I may be of any assistance.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by gskill tech; 27-10-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    Feel free to contact ustech@gskillusa.com or use our G.Skill Q&A Sub-Forum, if having any questions about G.Skill products

Check out our items on NewEgg

Replace kit on its way.

+ Reply to Thread