+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last post

Default Last post

This will be my last post here as there will be a new group elected by the current benchteam taking over the running hosting of the site
    i will leave it to them to introduce themselves and there plans for the site but with any luck the process will be complete by end of January

until the move is completed i will use the administrator account to access the site and to aid in the transfer

baz

Sponsored by Stannah maverik-sg1's Avatar

What are you plans Baz? I can't imagine with all this going on that you have had much time to reflect on things, where we were before BTUK and how far we came - and because of the courage and determination shown by yourself, Paul and Pete - we now have a team, we have a site/forum, we have a community - we almost have everything that you ever believed we could have.

With all this going on - I think this is a great time for everyone just to take a few deep breaths and cast their mind back to how when and why they first came to BTUK - then remember that three guys made it possible for such a place to exist and that it's memebership has taken it as far as it is today.

I'd like to raise a glass to Baz to thank him for starting this place up, for the meet-ups that were arranged, for the laughter I have when I see him on the BBC newstream and even for before BTUK for help keeping a young up and coming overclocker called 'Maverik-sg1' motivated to aim for the stars.....

CHEERS FOR EVERYTHING BAZ!!!

Former HWBOT and CPC World No1 Bencher

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do?userId=5051

HWBOT Quote:

(highest rank ever: 1st at 05 Nov 2006 12:30, most hwboints ever: 331.7 points at 05 Nov 2006 12:30)

Voltage - The solution and cause of all your overclocking problems .

Please forgive my grammar and spelling - My Keyboard is dyslexic

Bench team-Hwbot-hardware junkie-Bench Team Ninja ScunnyUK's Avatar

Thankyou Baz for all your help and support over the last few years since I found BT, your a great guy and I hope you dont end up a stranger.

Massive respect to you sir,
    Gaz!

imprisons his guests in a commode El Bastardo's Avatar

Cya around big guy.

8400 @ 4Ghz/Rampage Formula/2 GB Crucial Ballistics Tracer 8500/ThermalTake 1200Watt/TRUE/Silverstone TJ07/Creative X-Fi Fatality Pro/Logitech Z5500/XFX 8800GTX/Razor Tarantula/Logitech G9

It's been a pleasure to know you and an honor to be in the same team as you.

I tip my hat in your direction with a tear in my eye as you slowly walk away.

Yup, if this is gonna be your last post (bet it isn't though!) I wanna say thankyou for everything over the years while you've steered the ship. Given Benchtecs original rise, it was a pirate ship you had the wheel of, let's be honest. Rankings were getting mugged and plundered left right and centre..... and I figured you would have looked good in the hat

Look after yourself Baz.... but stick around as much as you can
    Quote Originally Posted by margo baggins
    it must be proper rubbish being a cpu in the hands of any the the big boys in this team.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB
    man u sure do make for some interesting stories!....that, Kenny, is total FUBAR
    ARandomOWl: Any comments?
    Bazx: You need to get out more
    ARandomOWl: Thanks. That's the sort of comment I was looking for.

Bench Team -Benchtec Legend Barron_Greenback's Avatar

Baz, your a Legend mate. Thankyou for all you have done for the site, and the various events you have hosted and invited me along to.

OVERCLOCKING - The process of installing high hopes, dumb luck, and several paychecks into a rectangular box which transmits a signal to a screen that displays your fate. The outcome is usually depressing.

Bench Team Member

Thanks for everything Baz!
    Silverstone SG05B | i3 530 | Scythe Shuriken | DFI LanParty MI P55-T36 | 4GB Kingston HyperX 1333Mhz | XFX 5450 512MB | Samsung SN-T083C | Intel X25-V 40GB | Samsung F1 1TB

LGW2452TX-PF | Microsoft Arc Keyboard & Mouse | Logitech Z5500

Thanks for everything you've done, please don't be a stranger

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, then put this in your sig

Sorry to see you go Baz, I want to thank you for all the support and encouragement you have given me here. without it I think it would have been a much tougher road than it has been. whatever you do in the future I hope it is fruitful, I wish you all the success and happiness you richly deserve.
    Walking back home in the mud.

Thanks for everything Baz.
    Especially thanking you for organizing the phase workshop which led me to go to college and now I have a job as a refrigeration engineer.

Filling your boots will be a tall order mate; I can say it has been a pleasure and an honourer to work with you over the years, the fun and frustrations we have had. The Hong Kong event and others we have attended. Were all great and one saying will never be forgotten (Windows Vista, its gone it’s gone)

I know you have things going on and wish you all the very best success for the future.

Thanks again for being a partner, but most of all a very good friend; I’ll always be there when you need me.

All the best Bazx for the future and thanks for all the help over the years i hope that will not be your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanial View Post
    unkie daves gonna go in dry if he see's what you done with his pot .

i just wanted to say im not going to miss you one bit

j/k haha
    you have been a big insperation and a mate and personal adviser may times over

catch ya soon mate
    Teacher: who here thinks they are stupid? please stand up
    *one student stands up*
    Teacher: why do you think your stupid?
    Student: i don't but i hated seeing you stood up all by yourself :')

Forum Member

Sorry for the late post

All the best baz and thanks for all your hard work and efforts.

As others have said, hopefully it won't be your last post here.

+ Reply to Thread