+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hi all!

Bench Team Member

Default Hi all!

Hi all, found you a few days ago.

I only started benching a couple of months ago, with a 2700K and GTX 570 SC, and am quite surprised how well my current setup has done at hwbot. It's given me the itch to do a LOT more benching - now I just have to build my benching rigs (I'll have to buy X79 with an octo-core Xeon for GPU benching and a GTX580/HD7970 or better for CPU benching). All the most powerful hardware will also double as part of my folding farm I was with the EVGA team until I realised there is a worthy UK team. Don't want my stats going to a team based over the pond

Seriously looking at LN2 later in the year (but need to build a garden shed to use it in, and set up an extractor fan that I have lying around).

Scunny contacted me over at hwbot, where I have joined the bench tec team. Does this mean I now officially a team member?

My TPP aren't very high (only around 125), but for now I'm the #1 enthusiast here and aiming for #50 worldwide before I go extreme (then I'll have even more work to do to satisfy my competitive urges!).
    Last edited by debs3759; 06-02-2012 at 11:37 PM. Reason: testing sig

Highest ranking (enthusiast league): team #1 (Feb 2012); UK #3 February 14 2012; Worldwide #135 April 30 2012

The best way to get rid of temptation is to give in to it!

Welcome to benchtec and to the team. Nice to see someone keen here.
    Where are you located?

Hi debs, welcome to the forum, any help just shout?
    Nice setup you have, the 2700 is a great CPU and over locks great, have you seen this Thread on our forum http://www.benchtec.co.uk/forums/thr...GE-COMPETITION you might want to have a go at this one

Sponsored by Stannah maverik-sg1's Avatar

Well you;ve joined the HWBOT team and added some points so it's all good here.

Welcome aboard Debs3759

Former HWBOT and CPC World No1 Bencher

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do?userId=5051

HWBOT Quote:

(highest rank ever: 1st at 05 Nov 2006 12:30, most hwboints ever: 331.7 points at 05 Nov 2006 12:30)

Voltage - The solution and cause of all your overclocking problems .

Please forgive my grammar and spelling - My Keyboard is dyslexic

Bench Team Member

Thanks all for the welcome. A couple of minutes after my post, I could see the members area, so I know that has been dealt with. It's nice to be part of a UK community that have occasional meets, looking forward to some extreme madness as the year progresses

Quote Originally Posted by sacha35 View Post
    Hi debs, welcome to the forum, any help just shout?
    Nice setup you have, the 2700 is a great CPU and over locks great, have you seen this Thread on our forum http://www.benchtec.co.uk/forums/thr...GE-COMPETITION you might want to have a go at this one
    Yeah, I've seen that thread, thanks. Didn't go to kitguru for more info yet though, not sure it's worth it with a processor that can only get around 57% overclock, knowing there are others who will have over 100% It doesn't help that I think the processor is already on it's way out after a few benching sessions at 5.5 GHz/1.6+V (it will no longer boot when I set my water temp below 8C, and it's not a condensation issue!). Unfortunately I'm only just starting to buy older hardware to bench, so don't have anything yet that I think is worthy of that sort of compo

Quote Originally Posted by debs3759 View Post
    Yeah, I've seen that thread, thanks. Didn't go to kitguru for more info yet though, not sure it's worth it with a processor that can only get around 57% overclock, knowing there are others who will have over 100% It doesn't help that I think the processor is already on it's way out after a few benching sessions at 5.5 GHz/1.6+V (it will no longer boot when I set my water temp below 8C, and it's not a condensation issue!). Unfortunately I'm only just starting to buy older hardware to bench, so don't have anything yet that I think is worthy of that sort of compo
    Sorry to hear your problems with the CPU, that's over locking, anyway it's still worth having a go at the compo if you can as you never know you may get in with the over clock you get

Bench Team Member

I just checked on kitguru, and realise I'd have to dismantle the whole system for the comp (and will need new thermal pads, coz the ones I have are already reused). I'm away for a couple of days from Monday, so for once in my life don't have the time for it. Could have been fun though, don't know how I would have done in the regionals

I'm not worried if the CPU dies. I bought from ocuk because they won't ask how it died when I RMA it (I was expecting to push it hard, despite it being my first serious overclock). I don't mind higher prices if the promise of good service is a reality - not sure if I'll get away with that when I buy 2 high-end Xeon E5-2600 series processors though

Bench team-Hwbot-hardware junkie-Bench Team Ninja ScunnyUK's Avatar

Hey Hi Debs,

Nice to see you finally found our site lol, so Welcome on board.

The bench team room has a wealth of great info for tweaking your rig and getting the best out of it for each different bench so be sure to check it out and all the guys here are always more than willing to offer up any help or support they can give, should you ever need any, so just shout

Its really great to see your new injection of enthusiasm around here, keep up the great work mate

Nice to see you here

Always good to see someone fresh with lots of enthusiasm

If you believe in Jesus Christ and are 100% proud of it, then put this in your sig

Super Moderator-Benchtec Legend 4Qman's Avatar

Welcome
    Get me home already!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread