+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eliminator Project

Default Eliminator Project

Hi.I have been rum-ageing in the garage & look what I have found (an Eliminator) I like the name it sounds good.
    I bet you are wondering what I am going to do with it I could cool my CPU or Cool my graphics card when I have repaired it.
    In the mean time I have striped it down to check it out I will re-shim the pump+fit new tubing+fit larger Fan.
    Suggestions ? Don´t be shy I will not be offended.
    Sorry about Photo´s I put them into separate folders in Photobucket & it has lost the link to photo´s will re-install.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by lobo1uk; 13-04-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: lost photo´s

Bench Team Member

Cool! I wouldn't expect it to be as efficient as a modern closed loop (and definitely not a custom loop!) but it should be fun to see what it can do
    Last edited by debs3759; 12-04-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Highest ranking (enthusiast league): team #1 (Feb 2012); UK #3 February 14 2012; Worldwide #135 April 30 2012

The best way to get rid of temptation is to give in to it!

Bench team-Hwbot-hardware junkie-Bench Team Ninja ScunnyUK's Avatar

Pictures dont seem to be working? but if its what I think it is they have a faily powerful Tec running on them dont they? should make a nice little project for a decent cooler

Default Eliminator Project

Hi. Have stripped the Peltiers from the cooling Barrel to check them & possibly apply a better Thermal compound the old stuff seamed to have dried a little.
    The Barrel seams quite a feet of engineering no wonder these coolers where expensive.
    Can any-one tell me the Wattage of the Peltiers? Can´t seam to find out.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Sponsored by Stannah maverik-sg1's Avatar

looks intersting - could you resize the images though please- takes to long to load and I wanna see

Former HWBOT and CPC World No1 Bencher

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do?userId=5051

HWBOT Quote:

(highest rank ever: 1st at 05 Nov 2006 12:30, most hwboints ever: 331.7 points at 05 Nov 2006 12:30)

Voltage - The solution and cause of all your overclocking problems .

Please forgive my grammar and spelling - My Keyboard is dyslexic

Hi. Sorry about the Image size I did not realize they where so large they are about 3264*2448 & about 2.0 to 3.0 MB what size do you want & I will try to resize.

Sponsored by Stannah maverik-sg1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1uk View Post
    Hi. Sorry about the Image size I did not realize they where so large they are about 3264*2448 & about 2.0 to 3.0 MB what size do you want & I will try to resize.
    if you could arrange so that they're 1mb a pic that will be more than good enough cheers

PS: They look great

Former HWBOT and CPC World No1 Bencher

http://www.hwbot.org/user.do?userId=5051

HWBOT Quote:

(highest rank ever: 1st at 05 Nov 2006 12:30, most hwboints ever: 331.7 points at 05 Nov 2006 12:30)

Voltage - The solution and cause of all your overclocking problems .

Please forgive my grammar and spelling - My Keyboard is dyslexic

I'm interested to see how this project goes.

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1uk View Post
    Hi. Have stripped the Peltiers from the cooling Barrel to check them & possibly apply a better Thermal compound the old stuff seamed to have dried a little.
    The Barrel seams quite a feet of engineering no wonder these coolers where expensive.
    Can any-one tell me the Wattage of the Peltiers? Can´t seam to find out.
    I beleave each TEC is rated for 40watts at 12volts (3x40watt) but it is supposedly possible to push them upto 14 -15volts for a bit of extra power.

Replacing the pump , tube and block was apparently a common mod for most owners and should help knock a few *c off of the temps too

The units are originally built by CoolIT I think and there was also a version that came with dual gpu blocks attached.

Name:  IMG.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  142.7 KB
    [picture stolen from another member - Almighty15 ]

Hi. Thanks for the photo & info, You have given me some ideas.
    I have noted the Peltiers are wired in Series if they are 12volts by 40Watts each something is telling me there is 36volts evolved here but still 40 Watts or am I on the wrong track.
    My solar battery's are wired in series & the volts go up & the amps stay the same.
    Sorry for being technical but I am trying to understand any help out there?

Hi. I have been ask to re-size some of my photo´s (it´s no problem) so I have copied a photo of a Peltier & re-sized it to 1500 x 1125 file size 770.7k the original is 3264 x 2448 2.51 MB.
    I am uploading both photo´s here to see the difference (just in case you think I´v lost the plot) many thanks.[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Hi. Old project needs finishing off = New High power 92mm fan fitted Bracket Modified so fan fits up against cooling barrel so all the air has got to be drawn/pulled through the slots on the barrel (hope this works).
    All 3 Tecs & Water blocks fitted I used MX-2 paste again took quite a lot to cover all 3 Tecs on both side & it went every where.
    Need to look at Pump now.
    [IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Good to see your still working on this project

So what are you thinking of sticking it on to when its completed? GFX card?

Hi. Yes I will try it out on the repaired BFG 9800 GTX+.
    I have been messing around with the Eliminator water pump today (I am not happy with it) so I may fit a alternative pump.
    I have managed to get my hands on a Asus Maximus Formula to go with my Q6600 Just need to get some RAM to fit board.
    I will pick the M/Board up from my sons place in the Midlands Mid October.
    I would like to try out a more Modern board & CPU but all the parts seam very expensive.

The Maximus Formula and Q6600 make a very good combo, I actually have both buried away here somewhere (Infact I used em for my main gaming rig for a while)

The x38 chipset isnt the greatest for extreme overclocking, or at least hitting high FSB Mhz (550 - 600+) but with that said, it is still very capable and this board in particular is pretty strong for ddr2 overclocking

I have a few sets of decent clocking ddr2 and might be able to sort you out with some for a fair price, actually, Ive been thinking about upgrading to Ivybridge recently and selling some of the bits that are lying around here which I no longer use to help finance it. Most of my gear has been used a fair bit and that would be reflected in the prices, so maybe I'll have somthing that catches your eye

+ Reply to Thread